Friday, January 20, 2012

Don't Laugh. Yet.

A week ago, I started a blog called HUNGER GAMES HANGOVER. It was about, well, my hangover from re-reading Hunger Games.

If you've ever read a good book in your life (which I sincerely hope you have) then you'll know what I'm talking about- when you're done with the awesome book, and you have this nasty feeling in the pit of your stomach like your best friend died. Sometimes crazy little things will set you off bawling, like re-runs of Will and Kate's wedding or Katy Perry's pink hair. You're twitchy and your homework begins to rot undone in the bottom of your bag. You really want to drive to the author's house and shake a sequel out of them. Violently.

But I'm not writing that blog. Because, psh, Hunger Games? So last Saturday. I've got myself a brand new hangover.

Book hangovers stink, but they aren't the only kinds of media hangovers out there in the world. Nope, BBC shows can have the exact same effect. It was a three day weekend. There are three episodes of Sherlock in the brand new season. No brainer.

I would have watched them all in one day if I could have.

Hey, that show's addicting. Usually watching a TV show means complaining about the soundtrack and the guest star's horrible acting and that really lousy camera angle the whole time- at least for me. I'm a critic. We've been over this. But there's never anything to distract me. That show is totally awesome, witty, and makes me want to be British without feeling like a complete geek. Well, mostly. I can relax when I watch it.

Scratch that. Lauren the Critic can relax when I watch it. The rest of me can't relax because it's too busy FREAKING OUT at the gun pointed at my favorite actor's head and watch out for the bomber and what program did they use to get that awesome title sequence?

So I guess this blog is about my Sherlock hangover now. And how I go into shock every time I have to tie a scarf or hear somebody talk about War Horse. But you would only get that if you were going through the same thing right now, which I am willing to bet at least seven cupcakes you're not.

So what's the point of this blog? I don't know. It's over now though. I have to wait until 2013 for the new season. The world's gonna be over by then. Come on. I mean, to heck with giant movie franchise offers. Everyone drop what you're doing right now and make the new season for February.

Okay, I'm done.

Go Netflix it.

P.S. Just because I'm on a Sherlock hangover does not mean I'm moving on to Doctor Who. I'm not one of  THOSE people. You can keep trying Doctor Who-iacks, but that's never going to happen. It'll take more SciFi than a TV show to get me watching that.

No comments:

Post a Comment