Sunday, February 5, 2012

Something random.

You always know when it's school musical time, because I don't blog at all. Here's a really overwhelming update of everything, while I have two seconds to myself. (And am trying to ignore that short story I should be writing.)

Our names are Sabrina, Selina, and Urquid. Oh yeah. Guess which one I am. Rehearsals, and the documentary  they're inspiring, have been full of fun and . . . other stuff.Yelling, hunger pains, too much texting . . . but mostly  fun!
How's my "Sherlock" hangover? Thank you for asking. Not that I'm any better or anything, but I appreciate the thought. It's hard to get over an awesome show with British accents. I find the only thing that helps is awesome shows with British accents. So . . . Thank you, BBC, for deciding not to stop making shows all together. It's helping. But that's no excuse. Give me "Sherlock" season 3 by March or give me death. (That's an good old fashioned American allusion, by the way. Not all of my allusions are British.)
"Downton Abbey" is pretty awesome. Not that I thought so at first, but it's pretty awesome. Watching this show does four things for me: 1) It makes me really really really want a maid servant to do my hair. Christmas wish list. 2) It makes me regret not having read more Jane Austen books. Or, okay, any Jane Austen books. 3) It makes want to steal Mary Crawley's whole wardrobe. Adorable. And 4) it confirms my conviction that all the best people in life are cripples. Peeta Mellark, the kid on How to Train Your Dragon, and Mr. Bates. 

Oh! I almost forgot. Eye exam. Best conversation ever. 
NEW EYE DOCTOR: Lauren? Finlinson? Nice to meet you. So, Lauren, what do you do for a living?
ME: I . . . survive my freshman year. 
STILL NEW EYE DOCTOR: Freshman year . . . of what?
ME:  . . . High school. 
Hahaha. But it's true. Check my blogger profile- occupation. 
(I don't look that old. I don't!)


Bonus- 
The rest of my family has become completely infatuated with a certain Cake Boss. They've probably watched and quoted every episode ever.


Why hasn't this helped me over my "Sherlock" stuff? In case you can't tell, frosting-on-the-face reality TV isn't really my thing. They can't figure out how to get me hooked on it. I told them I already have an incredible cake-decorating-master-baker with a goofy name in my life, and he isn't from New Jersey. 


I hope for your sake you get my joke, or you'd never survive in the teenage world. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh excellent. I needed a good Lauren post. Well first off, congrats on surviving that freshman year - because let's face it, that is a full time job. And no, you don't look that old. Apparently the eye doctor needs to go see an eye doctor himself.

    ReplyDelete