Thursday, November 1, 2012

Things I've Learned in High School

Settled into the first few months of a new year, I've learned a few things from high school I didn't know before. I've been building up a list:

Patience pays off
Publisher Heaven gave me a little present this fall and it wasn't the Hunger Games parallel novel.  . . . whatever. This is a short story I wrote, submitted, and was accepted for publishing by a kid's magazine when I was in . . . sixth grade? It was published this fall.

How to buy knee-high socks like a PRO
Because there is no competition when it comes to buying knee-high socks. $4.80 at Forever 21. My favorite high school accessory. Because nothing says high school like ripping off Emma Stone costumes. Nothing. 

The benefits and drawbacks of writing speeches at 2 a.m. 
Tiring as Speech and Debate tournaments can be . . . my oratory speech worked out okay. 

How to play Craps
I don't actually know how to play Craps. But I know more than your average fifteen year-old who isn't in statistics class. Basically you win with a seven or eleven and you sing elaborate musical numbers while you play it. Guess what the school musical is. Go back to the last sentence and click on the link. One more guess. 

That Disney bought Star Wars and is going to make three new movies
Wait- there was something Disney didn't own already?

And check this out if you want to see something really cool that doesn't make any sense. Apparently my favorite kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment